B2B marketers say that increasing brand awareness along with dealing with budget restrictions are top challenges that B2B marketers face. Challenges faced by every B2B marketer is different, for some it is increasing brand awareness, for some limited staff while for some its introducing new products.
Even after numerous B2B lead generation is created, there are still some barriers that restrict success.
- The marketing team is not given adequate staff, budget, talent required and time
This is a serious problem faced by most B2B marketers. New ideas keep on coming and marketers are clueless about how to deal with them. It is all about doing new things than implementing something that will work. Mostly time, money and talent are hurdles of the way. If the entire problem is analyzed in relation to this useful and right information continuously help one to win.
- Executing instead of strategic thinking
The most common barrier to success is execution instead of strategically thinking. If resources are inadequate new ideas goes unchallenged. Time, money and talent if all are not sufficient, then it will be difficult to achieve marketing goals of the company. Moreover, at the end incapable sales mode is accumulated after years of being used in the place of actual outcome.
- Limited ability of developing content
Two sources give birth to this problem
Absence about the competitors’ point of differentiation
Value proposition not clear
- Lack of insight about target audience
This issue arises from mostly every client. The company that perceives it knows the market or suffers after knowing that the need is still there. However, marketer isn’t able to finance required research as well as skills from company’s database.
In either of these ways, plans are created and there is spending that is based on erroneous or incomplete information.
- Not sufficient alignment between marketing and sales team
Unhealthy barriers are created by corporate silos, with the trust that marketing is equal to sales. Sales management instructs sales, sales goals are set, territories are assigned, a training program is established; salespeople are trained, sales goals are achieved and quotes are met. There must be a collaboration between sales management and marketing so that leads can be clearly defined. They must also be shared with marketers about the need of prospects and customers along with their objections.
Along with having knowledge about challenges, it is equally important to stay updated with the B2B world. This will open your way regarding being ready for the future.
- Mass media will continue to play an important and influential role : Mass media will never die as long as it is played correctly irrespective of talk about its death that keeps coming from everywhere.
- Mass media is going through a revolution : Using mass media in a proper way along with its benefits spreading everywhere, it is quite possible that the pace will thicken.
- Marketing will become corporate initiative : It is quite possible for marketing to become corporate initiative in the place of activity originating from the marketing department. It was rightly said by John Hayes, “Marketing is touching so many more parts of the company now. It touches on the service; it touches on product development. We need to organize in a way that starts to break down the traditional silos in the business.” As said before, it is important to stay updated and accordingly stay updated with current happenings.
Simply getting aware about these B2B challenges and related things will allow one to excel in B2B marketing.